Ingenico Group, the global leader in seamless payment, has launched iSMP4 Companion, a groundbreaking enterprise-class Mobile Point Of Sale (mPOS) device.
Featuring the largest screen and battery capacity in its class, the lightweight iSMP4 makes it easy to accept all forms of payments – anywhere, anytime a merchant and consumer interaction may take place.
The iSMP4’s suite of accessories is comprised a multi-bay docking station and rugged, universal tablet enclosure, which are specifically engineered to work seamlessly together with the iSMP4 Companion.
Each piece of hardware has been designed from the ground-up to meet the unique needs of high transaction environments and support a broad range of enterprise use cases for in-store, out-of-store and on-board payment acceptance.
“Over the past few years, the mPOS market has grown rapidly with small and medium-sized merchants, but within the enterprise – including retail, restaurants, hotels and even healthcare – adoption has progressed at a slower rate. In the U.S., much of the delay has been attributed to the EMV migration, but globally, the solutions available in the market haven’t always been capable of addressing the unique challenges that enterprises are faced with. Agile, feature-rich mPOS devices designed with the needs of the enterprise in mind are a must to allow this market opportunity to reach its full potential,” said Jordan McKee, senior analyst at 451 Research.
Throughout the development of the iSMP4, Ingenico Group worked closely with many of the world’s leading enterprise retail, restaurant and hotel brands who have been pioneers in redefining the customer experience to gather requirements and better understand their mobility challenges.
Based on this feedback, along with the company’s extensive R&D expertise, Ingenico Group was able to build the industry’s most innovative, ergonomic and secure mPOS solution, designed specifically for the enterprise.
“Enterprise merchants have been interested in mPOS solutions for years, but the vast majority of devices were designed with the needs of smaller merchants in mind rather than enterprise businesses,” said Jacques Guérin, EVP of Smart Terminals & Mobile Solutions, Ingenico Group.
“Ingenico Group’s iSMP4 is designed specifically for enterprise merchants to allow them to move beyond the checkout lane. With its long lasting battery life and compatibility with a wide range of devices, the iSMP4 will help spark greater adoption of mPOS across not only tier one retailers, but enterprises and other businesses as well,” he further added.
Key features of the iSMP4:
- 2.8” backlit color display to provide an optimal user experience even in bright outdoor environments
- Long lasting 2,000mAh battery that supports a full workday and can be easily swapped-out for rapid replacement
- 1D/2D commercial-grade barcode scanner to speed up the checkout process and support barcode and QR code based mobile wallet programs
- Compatible with any iOS, Android, Windows or Linux based device
- Universal tablet enclosure enables one-handed use and supports a range of popular 8” tablets, including Apple, HP, Samsung and Dell devices
- Various docking (power & communications) and storage options – single-bay docks, multi-bay docks, stands and holsters
- An illuminated EMV slot that guides consumer interactions
- Ability to be used as a standalone device or connected with a tablet or smartphone via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and physical pairing options
- Support for both integrated and semi-integrated configurations