Epson, the number-one projector manufacturer in the world, has introduced two new Home Cinema projectors, including the world's first Wireless HD projector with 4K content support.
The Home Cinema 5040UB and wireless Home Cinema 5040UBe feature 4K Enhancement Technology and are the first 3LCD projectors with 4K UHD signal input and high dynamic range (HDR) support.
These newly designed Home Cinema projectors deliver 2,500 lumens of color brightness and 2,500 lumens of white brightness and an expansive color gamut to display the entire sRGB and DCI color spaces. The projectors are engineered with up to 1,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio and display high dynamic range content, with eye-popping bright colors and deep, dramatic Ultra Blacks for a fully immersive large-screen experience.
"These new projectors are a breakthrough in projection technology, engineered to handle 4K UHD content for under $3,000," said Rodrigo Catalan, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America. "With HDR support, it's easier than ever for consumers to enjoy the latest content with high dynamic range to create an amazing cinematic experience."
5040UBe and 5040UB
The Home Cinema 5040UBe and 5040UB with 4K Enhancement1 are compatible with HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 standards for displaying 4K UHD content. The projectors automatically detect an encoded HDR signal and adjust the brightness levels to display highlights and detailed blacks. The projectors deliver an immersive, natural picture quality displaying the full sRGB color space, even in the brightest mode, as well as the entire DCI color gamut – the digital cinema standard – in Digital Cinema Mode. Both projectors include an enhanced optical engine and a new all-glass cinema lens engineered to deliver excellent sharpness and color uniformity with remarkable clarity across the entire screen.
The Home Cinema 5040UBe enables users to connect a range of entertainment devices using the included transmitter and wirelessly stream 4K, HDR and Full HD 1080p content with WirelessHD. The transmitter connects up to four HDMI devices simultaneously and supports 4K HDCP2.2 standards.
It also includes one HDMI out connection and one optical port, with one HDMI port supporting MHL 4. Connect a receiver, Blu-Ray player, gaming console, or streaming devices Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV and switch between four HDMI devices simultaneously with Preview Mode. For a more immersive experience with sound, external speakers can be connected via the optical port (speakers not included).
Home Cinema 5040UBe and 5040UB features:
- Powered Lens Position Memory – Preset up to 10 positions for zoom, focus and lens shift for both standard and wide cinema ratios
- Installation Flexibility – Equipped with a wide range of lens shift capabilities, including a super-wide range of up to ± 96.3 percent on the vertical axis and ±47.1 percent on the horizontal axis
- Image Enhancement Features – Super-resolution delivers defined edges and rich image quality, making content come alive; Detail Enhancement refines surface detail for true-to-life images; users can adjust levels of sharpness and detail enhancement
- New Optical Engine – Non-inverting optical engine design utilizes an additional high-quality relay lens for Epson's best color field uniformity to date
- Frame Interpolation – Generates multiple new frames between the originals, reducing motion blur and providing a smoother, theater-like experience
- Auto Iris Technology – Adjusts the aperture to provide the optimum contrast and brightness for each scene
- Centered Lens Design – Makes installation easy to plan and carry out with simpler lens-to-screen alignment
- Color Brightness Specification – Brilliant image quality requires high color brightness; Epson projectors utilize 3LCD, 3-chip technology and offer up to 3x higher color brightness than leading competitive projectors.