Epson America, a leading supplier of value-added Point of Sale (POS) solutions, has unveiled Epson OmniLink Merchant Services (OMS), a suite of cloud-based software solutions for the retail and hospitality markets.
OMS will be fully released in Q2, 2016 via Epson's cloud partner network. It is currently in pilot release with a number of retail and hospitality brands that are testing the cloud solutions and evaluating the key partnerships leveraging Epson's OMS cloud environment.
OMS along with three cloud partner demos, including Mobivity, NimbleSchedule, and PnP Loyalty, will be shown at National Retail Federation Annual Convention and Expo (NRF), in New York being held from January 17 – 20. Additional partners participating in OMS include DTT Surveillance, Expensify, GuestDNA, Livelenz, VenuMenu, and Spendgo.
According to "Analytics in the Cloud," a January 2015 report by Enterprise Management Associates, "adopters cite time-to-delivery of analytics and business intelligence as primary business motivation for choosing cloud options." With its new OMS Cloud initiative, Epson will address the challenges associated with these driving forces and deliver speedy access to actionable data.
Epson's OMS initiative addresses the fundamental market challenge of disparate POS solutions that lack a common data language. It provides a gateway that gives users the flexibility and availability to manage inventory, staffing, loss/prevention, merchandising, logistics, analytics and more without having to worry about costly POS integration.
"This type of initiative has never been contemplated before and will be a huge leap forward for the hospitality and retail industry," said Rajeev Mishra, VP, commercial sales and marketing for Epson's Business Systems Division.
"Together with our partners, we offer merchants of all sizes a robust and unique platform breaking all barriers in enabling access to real-time and actionable data. With OMS, the opportunity to provide a truly tailored, private experience for the individual consumer is officially upon us," he further stated.
Epson OMS Benefits
- Access to POS agnostic, real-time data
- Unique access to a global network of tools, best practices and expertise
- Real-time insights enables quick transformation of customer transaction data into revenue and profit
- Ability to leverage data on loyalty, employee performance, inventory management, and more
- It's simple and easy
- Regardless of what POS is on the counter, users only need to integrate once and can deploy in any restaurant or retail establishment
- The software does it all – captures transaction data from the POS receipt printer and sends it to the Epson Cloud
- Cost Saving
- Integration with various platforms is costly and difficult. Access to one centralized cloud service allows users to focus on their core business instead of being impeded by IT obstacles.