BIXOLON, a leading global mobile, label and POS printer manufacturer, today announced the SLP-TX400R 4-inch desktop label printer with RFID technology.
Supporting both direct thermal and thermal transfer printing at top printing speeds, the compact new model simultaneously prints and embeds UHF RFID code into a wide range of label types and sizes â”€ from merchandise hang tags, inventory palette and case labels to wristbands and more â”€ making it an ideal choice for retail, hospitality, warehousing, logistics and other applications that require rapid, secure and accurate identification of assets.
Working with the application, the SLP-TX400R seamlessly prints traditional text, graphics and 1D/2D barcodes while simultaneously embedding EPC code (serial number, stock number, production date and other unique ID information) onto the label.
“With omnichannel retailing moving at warp speed, there’s a critical need for stores to gain efficiency, visibility and accurate inventory tracking to stay competitive,” cited John Kim, BIXOLON director of marketing. “A great buying experience can be ruined by inventory or delivery errors. The SLP-TX400R ensures the fastest desktop label printing with the right RFID data encoded in every tag.”
Features & Functionality
- Compatible with UHF EPC Class 1, Gen 2 RFID labels (ISO18000-06C)
- Best-in-class printing and encoding speed of 7 IPS for 203 dpi printing
- Direct thermal and thermal transfer printing at 203 dpi and 300 dpi printing resolution
- Multi-interface support including USB, Ethernet, and Serial, with optional Bluetooth or WLAN support
- Unified Label Utility for rapidly configuring RFID labeling capabilities
- Label Artist custom label design program supports database connection as well as text, lines and boxes, graphics and barcode printing
- Smart Media Detection feature automatically detects the media type such as Gap Media, Black Mark Media and Short length Media paper
- Optional auto-cutter feature and external label holder for higher-volume label rolls